ATI IMAGEON 2300: 3D graphics for mobile handsets
On the threshold of International CES 2004 that is to take place in Las Vegas, NV on January 8-11, ATI Technologies announced its new IMAGEON 2300 GPU providing 3D graphics for gaming for the future mobile handsets.
IMAGEON 2300 features:
- Extended 2D/3D graphics support
- Low-power MPEG 4 decoder supporting up to realtime 30 fps
- Video capture, 1.3Mp and 2Mp digital camera support
- JPEG image compression codec
- Dual-monitor output
- OpenGL ES API support
- 23-bit address bus and 16-bit data bus
- 2MB int. low-power SDRAM
- 384KB SRAM for up to QVGA (320x240) dual-buffering
- 8-bit b/w, 12/15/16/18-bit color STN, 12/15/16/18-bit color TFT support
- Resolutions up to 320x240 @ 16-bit color depth
- 2:1, 4:1 scaling
- Int. SD/MMC controller
- 1.5V/1.8V/2.5V/3V/3.3V power
- <10µW Standby, <1mW Display refresh, ~20mW typical active power consumption
- BGA, COF, COB, Flip-Chip, etc packaging
- Microsoft Pocket PC, Pocket PC Phone Edition, SmartPhone, Windows CE, Symbian, Nucleus, etc. OS support
For the first time ATI IMAGEON 2300 will be introduced at CES 2004, volume shipments should start already in Q1 2004.
Write a comment below. No registration needed!