Pentium 4 with 800MHz FSB to be encased into new package
Intel released another newsletter to announce the new package for its 0.13µm Pentium 4 processors with 512Kb L2 cache and 800MHz FSB. Now in the market there will be two packages for processors with identical D-1 stepping, 0F29h CPUID, electrical and thermal specs.
For the difference between the packages see the photo below.
I guess the key difference is the 3.75mm height vs. the previous 3.46mm. Besides, the new package features 8-layer board vs. the older 6-layer. Finally, there are now 30 capacitors instead of 12.
Chip shipments were launched on October 24. The newsletter is related to the following CPU models:
- 3.20GHz Intel Pentium 4 (RK80532PG088512), S-Spec — SL6WG, D-1 stepping
- 3GHz Intel Pentium 4 (RK80532PG080512), S-Spec — SL6WK, D-1 stepping
- 2.80GHz Intel Pentium 4 (RK80532PG072512), S-Spec — SL6WJ, D-1 stepping
- 2.60GHz Intel Pentium 4 (RK80532PG064512), S-Spec — SL6WH, D-1 stepping
- 2.40GHz Intel Pentium 4 (RK80532PG056512), S-Spec — SL6WF, D-1 stepping
ASUS Launches R9 200, R7 200 Series, Matrix R9 280X Graphics Cards
Apacer Launches SATA SLC-lite SSD solutions
ADATA Introduces a Stylish External HDD HC630
Samsung Introduces New Wireless Multiroom Speakers
WD Gives Consumers a Cloud of Their Own
Write a comment below. No registration needed!