Foveon X3 Pro, Sigma D10 and two new lens
According to Foveon, the maker of advanced Foveon X3 — X3 Pro, Sigma announced its new SLR camera on this matrix — Sigma SD10. Sigma hasn´t posted anything on its website yet, so we had to use external sources.
F7X3-C9110 (Foveon X3 PRO 10M) matrix is similar to Foveon Õ3: each photosensitive element features 3 photodetectors for red, green and blue colors. They are located on different depths in the silicon crystal utilizing the dispersive properties. The most shortwave blue color is consumed first, so the blue photodetector is the closest to the surface. Then there go green and red ones.
Comparing to the previous version, the new matrix features improved (doubled, according to the maker) sensivity range and longer expositions (up to 30s).
Camera brief specs:
- Sensor: Foveon X3 Pro (CMOS), 13.8x20.7mm, 10.62 million (3x3.54) total pixels, 10.29 million (3x3.43) effective pixels; 25mm diagonal, 3:2 aspect ratio;
- Image format: RAW
- Resolutions: HI (2268x1512 x 3 levels), MED (1134x756 x 3 levels), LOW (756x504 x 3 levels);
- WB: Auto, Sunlight, Shade, Overcast, Incandescent, Fluorescent, Flash, Custom
- ISO: 100, 200, 400, 800, or 1600 (Extended)
- Exposures: 1/6000 — 15 s (ISO 100, 200), 1/6000 — 4 s (ISO 400, 800), Extended — 1/6000 – 30 s
- LCD: 1.8", 130K pixels
- Media: CompactFlash (CF) (Type I/II), MicroDrive
- Interfaces: IEEE1394, USB 1.1, Video out (NTSC/PAL)
- Size: 152x120x79mm,
- Weight: 785 g
Alongside the camera the company announced two lens for it: Sigma 18-50mm F3.5-5.6 DC and Sigma 55-200mm F4-5.6 DC.
Sigma 18-50mm F3.5-5.6 DC
Sigma 55-200mm F4-5.6 DC
||Sigma 18-50mm F3.5-5.6 DC
||Sigma 55-200mm F4-5.6 DC
||8 elements in 8 groups
||10 elements in 9 groups
|Min. depth resolution
|Size (diameter x length)
||67.5 x 60 mm
||70 x 84.6 mm
||from Sigma, Canon, Nikon (D), Pentax
Photos taken from pc.watch.impress.co.jp
Write a comment below. No registration needed!