Seagate´s external hard drives are available in USA retail
In USA Seagate launched retail shipments of its new Seagate External Hard Drives first introduced last month.
According to the company, Seagate External Hard Drive key features include:
- Push-button backup — Award-winning BounceBack Express(tm) software from CMS.
- On/off switch — No more concerns that your hard drive hasn´t been shut down safely. Better data security, for always-on internet connections.
- Looks cool, stays cool — Designed to dissipate heat from your hard drive. Runs much cooler than other external hard drives.
- Hot-swappable — Connect and disconnect without turning off your computer.
- Stackable — Unique interlocking design lets you expand your Seagate storage securely.
- Position vertically or horizontally, with upright stand and non-slip rubber feet.
- World´s quietest 7,200-RPM hard drive with a state-of-the-art, ultraquiet SoftSonic motor.
- USB 2.0 and FireWire interfaces, for PC and Macintosh
- 8-Mbyte cache
- 160-Gbytes now, 200-Gbytes later this year
- Estimated street price: $269 for a 160Gb model and $299 for a 200Gb model
Shipments to other regions Seagate External Hard Drive are scheduled for the next year.
Write a comment below. No registration needed!