ATI Radeon 9700, Radeon 9000 Pro and Radeon 9000: the official announcement
ATI officially announced the release of three new GPUs: hi-end Radeon 9700 and mainstream Radeon 9000 Pro and Radeon 9000.
As the official releases were expected on the day before, there was some confusion, as ATI website had novelties published after several new cards have been officially presented.
Still, the main event has happened and new products will soon appear in retail. Radeon 9000 Pro and Radeon 9000 based cards are expected in August, Radeon 9700 solutions in September.
I guess there´s no sense in describing new Radeon 9000 Pro and Radeon 9000 chips here, as there´s a nice article ATI RADEON 9000 Pro consumer shaders on our website.
Here are the brief specifications of the high-end Radeon 9700:
- Codename: R300
- Transistor amount: over 110 million
- Process technology: 0.15 micron
- Design: FCBGA packge, over 1000 contacts
- Core clock rate: 300 MHz and higher
- 256-bit DDR memory support
- Memory clock rate: 300 MHz (600 νηΓ DDR) and higher
- Up to 256 MB supported
- AGP 8x support
- Integrated 165 MHz TMDS transmitter
- Two integrated CRT controllers
- Two integrated 400 MHz RAMDAC, 10 bit per color, HDTV supporting TV-out, up to 1024x768
- 8 pixel pipelines, up to 16 textures per pass
- DirectX 9 support
- Pixel and Vertex shaders 2.0
- 10 bit per channel frame buffer
- 4 parallel vertex shader blocks
- Displacement mapping
- Smoothvision 2.0, HyperZ III, Smartshader 2.0, Videoshader 2.0 support
- Recommended price: ATI RADEON 9700, 128 MB DDR, DVI-I, VGA and TV-out $399
So, the new graphics chips generation, new product competition, new tests, new fierce upgrade discussions. And our congratulations. :-)
Write a comment below. No registration needed!