ATi Radeon 9700 MAXX?
According to VR-Zone referring to Japanese sources, during the yesterday presentation of Radeon 9000 and Radeon 9700 GPUs to the Chinese market Kwok Yuen Ho, ATi Technologies CEO and chairman, announced the following company plans:
- Currently ATi experiments with parallel operation of two Radeon 9700 GPUs for possible creation of Dual Radeon 9700. They also consider Quad Radeon 9700 for the future. However, these are only experiments without any official release dates possible.
- The release of a mobile Radeon 9000 will happen within two months and will be followed by Radeon 9700 Mobile Edition, which release dates were not disclosed.
- Radeon 9700 mainstream light version (or Radeon 9500) will have a half of its rendering pipelines and twice narrow memory bus. [It´s release is planned to about 4Q].
- ATi doesn´t plan to transit Radeon 9700 to 0.13-micron process technology, but the next-generation R350 GPUs supporting DirectX 9.1 and expected in H1 2003, will be made using it.
- Currently TSMC is ATi´s primary production partner, but UMC will also produce GPUs for the Canadian company.
ASUS Launches R9 200, R7 200 Series, Matrix R9 280X Graphics Cards
Apacer Launches SATA SLC-lite SSD solutions
ADATA Introduces a Stylish External HDD HC630
Samsung Introduces New Wireless Multiroom Speakers
WD Gives Consumers a Cloud of Their Own
Write a comment below. No registration needed!