4-megapixel Canon PowerShot G3
North American Canon announced PowerShot G3. It continues PowerShot G serie and, unlike PowerShot G2, features 4È optical lens (35-104 mm equiv.) and f/2.0-3.0 aperture. It has a bayonet lock for long-focus and wide-angle lens. Standard lens for G3 provide 24 240 mm focal length. There´s also an orientation sensor, determining portrait or landscape modes and reformatting the image.
The camera also features iSAPS (Intelligent Scene Analysis based on Photographic Space), determining brightness, tone variation and focal length to compare with standard shots from memory and offer optical focusing, shutter speed and white balance.
- 1/1.8´ CCD, 4.1 million pixels (4 million effective)
- 3.6È digital zoom
- Optical VF, 85% of scene, +/-2.0 EV in 0.3 EV steps exposure compensation
- 1.8-inch TFT LCD
- 15 1/2000 sec shutter
- 2-10 sec timer
- ISO sensivity: Auto (ISO 50- 150), ISO 50, 100, 200, 400
- 1.5 fps (Low) and 2.5 fps (High) continuous shooting
- CompactFlash Type I, Type II media
- DPOF-compatible JPEG (Exif 2.2) and RAW formats
- 2272 x 1704, 1600 x 1200, 1024 x 768, 640 x 480 resolutions
- 320 x 240 (up to 3 min) 160 x 120 (up to 3 min), 15 fps movies
- USB (Normal/PTP), Audio/Video (NTSC/PAL)
- BP-511 or optional BP-512 battery
- 120È69È77 mm dimensions
- 494 g weight
Canon PowerShot G3 is expected for sale in October for $900. The package includes 32MB flash card, battery, power adapter, cables and shoulder strap.
Write a comment below. No registration needed!