Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 officially released
Today Creative officially announced Sound Blaster Audigy 2 series.
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 is a multichannel 24-bit / 96 kHz solution, supporting 24-bit / 192 kHz DVD-Audio at 106 dB signal/noise ratio. Besides, Sound Blaster Audigy 2 supports EAX Advanced HD (supported by Unreal Tournament 2003, Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness, Neverwinter Night, Hitman 2 and Soldier of Fortune 2), Dolby Digital EX and 6.1-channel systems. Another advantage of Sound Blaster Audigy 2 is that it´s the only THX-certified solution today.
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 specifications:
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio with AES17 filter (A-Weighted):
- Stereo output, 2V Rated: 106 dB
- Stereo output, 1V Rated: 102 dB
- Front and Rear Channels, 2V Rated: 106 dB
- Front and Rear Channels, 1V Rated: 102 dB
- Center, Subwoofer and Rear Center, 2V Rated: ~90 dB
- Center, Subwoofer and Rear Center, 1V Rated: ~86 dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise at 1kHz (A-Weighted) = 0.004% (1V, 2V Rated Output)
- Frequency Response (+/-3dB, 24-bit/96kHz input ) = <10Hz to 46kHz (1V, 2V Rated Output)
- 24-bit Digital-to-Analog conversion during playback with sampling rates of 8, 11.025, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48 and 96kHz in 5.1 mode and up to 192kHz in stereo mode
- 24-bit Analog to Digital conversion during recording in 8, 16 or 24-bit at sampling rates of 8, 11.025, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48 and 96kHz
- SPDIF (Sony/Philips Digital Interface) input at up to 24-bit/ 96kHz quality
- SPDIF output up to 24-bit at 48 or 96kHz
- ASIO drivers for low latency (=2ms) multi-track playback and recording at 16-bit/48kHz)
- Creative Hardware synthesizer (2x16 Channels) with 64-voice polyphony featuring E-MUR´s patented 8-point interpolation technology for accurate sample reproduction
- Creative Software synthesizer multi timbral wave-table (16 Channels)
- Sound Blaster Audigy 2 board connectors: Line level out (Front / Rear / Center / Subwoofer /Rear Center), Digital Out for 5.1 support (6-channel SPDIF Output), Line in, Microphone in, SB1394T/ FireWireR port, Telephone Answering Device in, Analog / Digital CD Audio in, 15-pin MIDI / Joystick port extension header, Internal SB1394 header to Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Internal Drive (Upgrade Option)
- Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum Internal Drive Front Panel Connectors (Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum ONLY): Headphone Out (1/4" Stereo Jack with Volume control), Line In 2 (1/4" Stereo Jack, shared with Microphone In 2), Microphone In 2 (1/4" Jack with Gain control), MIDI In (mini DIN), MIDI Out (mini DIN), Optical SPDIF In and Out, Coaxial SPDIF In and Out, Stereo Auxiliary In (2 x RCA/Coaxial Jack), SB1394 port, Infra-red Receiver
There will be two variants of Audigy 2 boards: standard Sound Blaster Audigy 2 and Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum 2 with a front panel. Boards are expected for sale in October 2002. The suggested prices are $129.99 and $199.99, respectively.
ASUS Launches R9 200, R7 200 Series, Matrix R9 280X Graphics Cards
Apacer Launches SATA SLC-lite SSD solutions
ADATA Introduces a Stylish External HDD HC630
Samsung Introduces New Wireless Multiroom Speakers
WD Gives Consumers a Cloud of Their Own
Write a comment below. No registration needed!