ASUS to ship P4GE-V on i845GV chipset
On October 7 Intel is to announce 845GE, 845PE, and 845GV (845GL successor) chipsets, supporting 533 MHz FSB to replace 845X series. Following the shipments of recently announced ASUS P4PE, ASUS is to ship the new Intel 845GE solution ASUS P4GE-V to distributors.
ASUS P4GE-V specifications:
- Intel Pentium 4 with 533/400 MHz FSB support
- Intel 845GE + ICH4 bundle
- Intel Extreme integrated graphics
- BroadCom Gigabit Ethernet
- 3 DIMM, up to 2GB DDR333
- 2 x ATA133, up to 4 IDE devices
- ATA133 Promise RAID, up to 2 IDE devices
- 2 x Serial ATA
- 6 PCI slots, AGP 4È slots
- 6 USB2.0 ports
- 2 Firewire 1394 ports
- 6-channel (AD 1980)
Traditionally rich software kit also includes a DVD disc with InterVideo DVD/MPEG4/MP3 software: WinDVD, WinCoder, WinRip, WinProducer. Like all ASUS new motherboards, P4GE-V will feature proprietary BLUE MAGIC PCI Slot, enabling Bluetooth, 802.11a, 802.11b wireless connectivity through an additional controller.
Fully-featured package will cost $185. Without SerialATA and Firewire 1394 controllers $165.
Write a comment below. No registration needed!