Toshiba announces 64-bit RISC processor with integrated PCI bus
Today Toshiba added to its MIPS TX49 processor family. New TMPR4937XBG-300 chip, based on TX49/H3 core, is made using 0.13-micron process and features 300MHz clock. Itís interesting that it also features a host of integrated controllers, including PCI and Direct Memory Access (DMA).
- Instruction cache: 32KB
- Data cache: 32KB
- Power: 1.5V (core), 3.3V (peripherals)
- Maximum operating frequency: 300MHz core, 133MHz bus
- FPU: single- or double-precision
- Interfaces: 32-bit 66 MHz PCI; 4-channel DMA, 4-channel UART, 32-bit timer, interrupt controller, memory controller (64-bit SDRAM 133 MHz, SRAM, ROM, flash, SyncFlash), AC97
- Package: plastic 484-pin BGA, lead-free, 35x35x2.3 mm
- Pin-compatibility with previous TMPR4927ATB-200
Samples will cost 6000 yens. Volume production will be launched in February 2003. Toshiba intends new chips for digital TVs and network printers.
ASUS Launches R9 200, R7 200 Series, Matrix R9 280X Graphics Cards
Apacer Launches SATA SLC-lite SSD solutions
ADATA Introduces a Stylish External HDD HC630
Samsung Introduces New Wireless Multiroom Speakers
WD Gives Consumers a Cloud of Their Own
Write a comment below. No registration needed!