Toshiba announces 64-bit RISC processor with integrated PCI bus
Today Toshiba added to its MIPS TX49 processor family. New TMPR4937XBG-300 chip, based on TX49/H3 core, is made using 0.13-micron process and features 300MHz clock. Itís interesting that it also features a host of integrated controllers, including PCI and Direct Memory Access (DMA).
- Instruction cache: 32KB
- Data cache: 32KB
- Power: 1.5V (core), 3.3V (peripherals)
- Maximum operating frequency: 300MHz core, 133MHz bus
- FPU: single- or double-precision
- Interfaces: 32-bit 66 MHz PCI; 4-channel DMA, 4-channel UART, 32-bit timer, interrupt controller, memory controller (64-bit SDRAM 133 MHz, SRAM, ROM, flash, SyncFlash), AC97
- Package: plastic 484-pin BGA, lead-free, 35x35x2.3 mm
- Pin-compatibility with previous TMPR4927ATB-200
Samples will cost 6000 yens. Volume production will be launched in February 2003. Toshiba intends new chips for digital TVs and network printers.
Write a comment below. No registration needed!