Cisco announces new hardware and software for convergent enterprise networks
Cisco Systems announced a number of hardware and software products, designed for convergent enterprise networks. According to Cisco directors, new solutions will enable enterprises to speed up the deployment of multiservice traffic technologies in the data transfer networks. Some of new products are already being shipped, some will be passed to production before Q2 2003.
The product list includes:
- 7905G IP phone. To be released to the market in December for $165
- Cisco IP Phone Messenger 1.1. Instant messaging for IP-phone talks. Expected availability – next year.
- Call Manager 3.3, supporting up to 30,000 IP phones in a single IP-PBX cluster. The updated software supports up to 10 clusters, i.e. up to 300,000 users. Besides, the new versions has additional features for better compatibility with traditional PBX. Call Manager 3.3, which shipments are scheduled to December, will cost from $4,000 to $24,000.
- Cisco 7845 Media Convergence Server (MCS) for Call Manager. Each MCS supports 7,500 IP phones. A cluster can contain up to 4 servers, a group – up to 10 clusters. 7845 MCS will cost from $40,000 to $47,500 (up to 5,000 and 7,500 users supported, respectively).
- Cisco Unity 4.0 unified messaging, supporting Lotus Notes. The previous version supported Microsoft Exchange only. Scheduled for the release to the next month, Unity 4.0 will cost $135 per user
- Cisco IP/VC 3500 videoconferencing for small businesses or branch offices, featuring improved audio and video signalling along with the dynamic GUI for monitoring videoconferencing sessions through Web browsers and listing online users. Cisco IP/VC 3500, which shipments should start before the month-end, will cost from $13,000 to $25,000.
- Cisco Conference Connection 1.2 for audioconferencing through Cisco CallManager. Users will be able to connect to meetings with Web browser on Cisco IP phone or PC.
- Cisco ICM CTI drivers for connecting ICM (Intelligent Contact Management) to Siebel 7 CRM systems. Expected this month, its minimal price will make $1,100.
Write a comment below. No registration needed!