VIA Envy24PT: the new integrated audio for motherboards
Keeping the promise to continue the expansion to the multimedia market, VIA Technologies announced the new VIA Envy24PT audio controller, mainly designed for the integrated motherboard sound solutions.
The previous Envy24 chips are described in our reviews:
Now, according to VIA, it’s time to implement the Envy24 serie in the integrated mobo solutions. Combined with AC’97 codecs (like VIA VT1616), Envy24PT wil enable the following specifications:
- 24-bit/96kHz resolution
- 8/6/4/2-ch. Output (5.1, 6.1, 7.1, stereo, etc)
- DVD-Video Dolby Digital EX, DTS ES support
- Integrated S/PDIF transmitter and IEC958 line driver for the high-quality PCM, DTS, and AC3 transfers
- 16-bit GPIO port
- PCI 2.2 interface
- 3 pair of synchronous I²S/AC-link output channels
- 2 pairs of synchronous I²S/AC-link input channels
- MPU-401 MIDI UART port
- ACPI and PCI PMI support
- Windows WDM drivers
- 3.3V required voltage (together with 5V I/O)
- 128-pin PQFP, 14x20 mm
It seems that VIA P4PB ENVY will became one of the first Envy24PT-based mobos from VIA Platform Solutions Division. It’s expected to feature the fully-functional 8-ch. output. Aopen also plans to release VIA Envy24PT-based solutions. The company plans to release the separate Envy24PT board to add to the popular AX4B-533Tube motherboards with Sovtek 6922 vacuum lamp in the audio path (see the Sound section of the AOpen AX4B-533 Tube Motherboard).
Write a comment below. No registration needed!