Western Digital WD Raptor: new 10,000rpm Serial ATA hard drive
Today Western Digital officially announced new 10,000rpm WD Raptor hard drive family, being the market-first to support Enterprise Serial ATA (ESATA).
New WD Raptors feature large MTBF (Mean Time Between Failure) of about 1.2 million hours, 5.2ms average read seek, up to 150Mb/s buffer to host transfer rate and the 5-year warranty.
Shipments of WD Raptor drives are expected in the late February. The initial capacity (WD360GD model) will make 36.7Gb.
WD Raptor WD360GD additional specifications:
- Average read seek: 5.2ms
- Track-to-track seek: 0.7ms
- Full stroke read seek: 10.2ms
- Average latency: 2.9ms
- Buffer: 8Mb
- Drive ready time: 7s average
- Dimensions: 25.4x147.0x101.6 mm
- Weight: 0.73 kg
- Non-operating shock: up to 250G
- Operating shock: up to 20G (write), up to 65G (read)
- Idle mode noise: 32dBA
- Seek mode noise: 36dBA
Write a comment below. No registration needed!