VIA Apollo K8T400M: dual-processor Opteron chipset
The wide industry response to AMD´s 64-bit Opteron announcement was also supported by chipset makers. In particular, Via Technologies officially announced its new solution VIA Apollo K8T400M (VT8385).
New chipset features two usual parts: a Northbridge supporting two Opterons, AGP 8X and HyperTransport; and VT8237 Southbridge. These are interconnected by 1.06Gbps Ultra V-Link. As you know, VT8237 supports two Serial ATA channels, up to 8 USB2.0 ports.
VIA Apollo K8T400M key specs:
- 800MHz FSB, HyperTransport, Opteron supported
- AGP2X/4X/8X supported
- 6-ch. AC97 codec, VIA Vinyl Surround Sound
- Integrated MC97 modem
- Integrated 10/100 Ethernet MAC
- Dual-channel Serial ATA/RAID (0, 1, 0+1, JBOD)
- Dual-channel ATA 33/66/100/133
- 8 USB2.0 ports, UHCI compatibility
- Unified VIA Hyperion 4in1 supported
- VT8385 578-pin BGA, VT8237 539-pin BGA
Pricing and shipments info is now available yet.
ASUS Launches R9 200, R7 200 Series, Matrix R9 280X Graphics Cards
Apacer Launches SATA SLC-lite SSD solutions
ADATA Introduces a Stylish External HDD HC630
Samsung Introduces New Wireless Multiroom Speakers
WD Gives Consumers a Cloud of Their Own
Write a comment below. No registration needed!