SiS officially announces its new SiS661FX chipset
SiS (Silicon Integrated Systems) officially announced its new integrated SiS661FX chipset supporting Pentium 4 processors.
The Web has heen rumouring about this solution for some time already, and now SiS661FX specs are confirmed by the manufacturer:
- Used with SiS964 (or SiS963L) Southbridge
- Supports Intel Pentium 4 with HyperThreading and up to 800MHz FSB
- Supports single-channel DDR400/DDR333/DDR266, up to 2 unbuffered DIMM DDR400, up to 3 unbuffered DIMM DDR333/266; supports 1Gb DIMM (on 512Mbit chips)
- SiS MuTIOL, up to 1Gb/s
- SiS Ultra-AGPII
- Integrated 256-bit 3D / 128-bit 2D Real256E graphics core supporting DirectX 9; featuring 2 pixel rendering pipelines, 4 texture blocks per clock (2P4T), up to 200MHz ECLK, 32 or 64 Mb memory, dual 12-bit DDR Digital Interface for LCD monitors and TV-out (NTSC/PAL), Dual View for LCD-TV, LCD-CRT or CRT-TV combinations, 333MHz RAMDAC supporting CRT resolutions up to 2048x1536x32@75Hz, LCD resolutions up to 1600x1200x32@60Hz, and TV resolutions up to 1024x768x32@60Hz
- With SiS964 it supports 2 x Serial ATA 1.0 ports with RAID 0, 1, JBOD; up to 8 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports, MII interface, Fast Ethernet/Home Networking, 6-ch. AC97 codec v2.3, v.90 HSP modem
- ACPI 1.0b and APM 1.2
- Pin compatibility with the previous SiS6xx chipsets
SiS661FX volume production is scheduled to August 2003, with volume availability expected in September 2003.
Write a comment below. No registration needed!