SiS officially announces its new SiS661FX chipset
SiS (Silicon Integrated Systems) officially announced its new integrated SiS661FX chipset supporting Pentium 4 processors.
The Web has heen rumouring about this solution for some time already, and now SiS661FX specs are confirmed by the manufacturer:
- Used with SiS964 (or SiS963L) Southbridge
- Supports Intel Pentium 4 with HyperThreading and up to 800MHz FSB
- Supports single-channel DDR400/DDR333/DDR266, up to 2 unbuffered DIMM DDR400, up to 3 unbuffered DIMM DDR333/266; supports 1Gb DIMM (on 512Mbit chips)
- SiS MuTIOL, up to 1Gb/s
- SiS Ultra-AGPII
- Integrated 256-bit 3D / 128-bit 2D Real256E graphics core supporting DirectX 9; featuring 2 pixel rendering pipelines, 4 texture blocks per clock (2P4T), up to 200MHz ECLK, 32 or 64 Mb memory, dual 12-bit DDR Digital Interface for LCD monitors and TV-out (NTSC/PAL), Dual View for LCD-TV, LCD-CRT or CRT-TV combinations, 333MHz RAMDAC supporting CRT resolutions up to 2048x1536x32@75Hz, LCD resolutions up to 1600x1200x32@60Hz, and TV resolutions up to 1024x768x32@60Hz
- With SiS964 it supports 2 x Serial ATA 1.0 ports with RAID 0, 1, JBOD; up to 8 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports, MII interface, Fast Ethernet/Home Networking, 6-ch. AC97 codec v2.3, v.90 HSP modem
- ACPI 1.0b and APM 1.2
- Pin compatibility with the previous SiS6xx chipsets
SiS661FX volume production is scheduled to August 2003, with volume availability expected in September 2003.
ASUS Launches R9 200, R7 200 Series, Matrix R9 280X Graphics Cards
Apacer Launches SATA SLC-lite SSD solutions
ADATA Introduces a Stylish External HDD HC630
Samsung Introduces New Wireless Multiroom Speakers
WD Gives Consumers a Cloud of Their Own
Write a comment below. No registration needed!