Toshiba Portege R100 and M100: new light notebooks on Intel Centrino
Toshiba Computer Systems Group (CSG) announced two new Intel Centrino-based notebooks of Portege Series.
Compact Portege R100 features 1.8" 40Gb HDD, wireless interfaces. Portege M100 Series model also has an optical drive and full-size keyboard. Series differ by CPUs (1GHz ULV Pentium M in Portege R100 and 1.20GHz in Portege M100) and HDD capacity (up to 60Gb in Portege M100).
Brief summarized specs:
- Intel 855PM chipset
- 256Mb SODIMM PC2100 DDR (up to 1Gb)
- 30, 40 or 60 Gb Enhanced IDE (ATA-5) HDD
- 12" TFT active polycrystalline matrix, 1024x768 (XGA)
- 32Mb DDR Trident XP4m32 LP graphics
- PC Card Type II PC Card, SD slots, TV-out,
- 2 x USB 2.0 ports
- V.92 modem
- AD1981B audio codec
- 10/100Base-TX Ethernet controller
- Wi-Fi 802.11b (Intel or Cisco; 802.11a/b — Atheros 802.11ab) interface
- 287.2x228.6x15.2mm size
- 1 kg weight
- ~45W power consumption
- Up to 2 hours of work with standard battery, up to 6.8 hours with extended one
- $2299 price tag
Write a comment below. No registration needed!