VIA showcases new K8T800 chipset at LinuxWorld Expo
At LinuxWorld Expo VIA Technologies, Inc. showcased its long-anticipated VIA K8T800 chipset in a dual-Opteron system. Besides dual CPUs, it supports AGP8X and is designed for servers and workstations. The demo platform was based on MSI MS-9130 server board.
Brief chipset specs:
- 800MHz HyperTransport FSB
- AGP 2X/4X/8X
- Ultra V-Link interbridge bus (1.06GB/s)
- VIA Vinyl codec (6-ch., AC´97)
- Int. MC´97 modem
- Int. 10/100 Ethernet MAC
- Dual Channel Serial ATA/RAID (0, 1, 0+1, JBOD)
- Dual Channel ATA 33/66/100/133
- 8 x USB2.0 ports
- Advaned power management, including ACPI/OnNow
- 579-pin BGA VT8385 Northbridge
- 539-pin BGA VT8237 Southbridge
Write a comment below. No registration needed!