VIA introduces new embedded CPU — Eden ESP7000
VIA Technologies extended its line of processors for embedded appliances with VIA Eden ESP7000 based on the CoolStream architecture and featuring the PadLock Data Encryption Engine. The CPU is designed for noiseless entertainment systems, comms, commercial and industrial appliances.
VIA Eden ESP7000 brief specs:
- CoolStream x86-based architecture, Nehemiah core
- 733MHz+ clock speeds
- 16-stage pipeline
- 64Kb of 16-way L2 cache
- StepAhead branch prediction
- SSE instruction set support
- 0.13µm process
- About 6W max and 1W typical power consumption at 733MHz
- PadLock Data Encryption Engine with Hardware Random Number Generator (RNG)
- Low-profile 1.5mm thick EBGA package
- Full compatibility with x86 Windows and Linux OS.
VIA Eden ESP7000 is already shipping.
Write a comment below. No registration needed!